The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an exam managed by Cambridge English, the British Council and IDP Education. It is a standardized test which evaluates candidates’ English language proficiency.
Accepted by more than 8,000 institutions in more than two thirds of the world’s countries, having good IELTS results is just as important as having a valid passport!
As the IELTS is a standardized exam, there are several tips and tricks to being successful on the exam – time saving strategies, knowing the types of essays, knowing the exam structure, question types, etc.
In August, I’ll be offering an IELTS Preparation Course. Here are some details:
- Duration: 10 Weeks, 40 hours
- Schedule: Two classes weekly. Classes will meet in Chapinero, near La Universidad Javeriana. Each class will meet for two hours in the afternoon (exact schedule to be determined by student availability)
- Group Size: 6 – 10 students
- Cost: $670.000 COP
By the end of this course…
- You will be an expert in the IELTS Test Format.
- You will know how your test is scored.
- You will be able to successfully plan and write Task 1 and Task 2 essays within the word and time limits.
- You will be able to speak comfortably and confidently for the speaking exam, as well as be able to predict topics for the speaking exam.
- You will be comfortable listening to accents that are played in the IELTS listening exam.
- You will have taken four IELTS practice exams in real test conditions.
- You will have have taken three authentic IELTS speaking exams
- You will have written numerous IELTS Task 1 and Task 2 essays
It’s important to note that this is a test preparation course, not a general English course. Therefore, students must pass a placement test.
For more information on the course, please write me!